Come join other Iowa Head Start Program Nutrition/CACFP Specialists and support staff for an informative morning of networking.
- Introductions and welcome
- CACFP updates –
- Non discrimination statement
- Best practices – menus, record keeping, etc.
- Meal Service
- Steps to Success – updates
- Pandemic waivers – expired
- Common review/audit findings below:
- Serving non creditable foods- cereals and grain based desserts
- Missing product documentation – CN labels, whole grains
- Recipes – crediting information with adequate amounts of meat/meat alternate
- Serving adequate amounts of milk – what size cup are using?
- Required training – is it completed before beginning CACFP duties
- Annual CACFP training requirements – is your program meeting them
- How are your first 45 days going?
- Topics on your mind- Questions/Celebrations/Concerns
- What topics would you like to see for IHSA Networking sessions and/or professional development?
- IHSA Annual Meeting – November 3rd – Des Moines – Learn more HERE!
- Parent and staff – networking in eight speciality areas – including parent session so please invite your policy council and parents
IHSA Spring Conference – April 2-3, 2024 – Des Moines – save the date
What is working well in your program and what areas are you looking for some support and ideas? This peer group is here to have an open discussion and share ideas and challenges. Are you needing guidance on a policies or procedures? Are you new to your position? Bring your questions!