Start the school year off by promoting staff retention and satisfaction with your assistant teachers! Studies show that staff who receive professional development and quality onboarding that support their responsibilities are more engaged, have higher retention and are more confident in their job role.
This three-hour bootcamp is for assistant teachers with all levels of experience. This course will give your staff a comprehensive overview of information to help successively support their lead teachers, students, families, and classroom. Whether this is a review of previously covered information or an introduction to becoming an amazing assistant in the classroom, this course will help build confidence at all levels.
This fun-filled morning will include the following topics:
- What makes Head Start unique
- HSPPS and your program’s policies and procedures
- Teamwork and a positive work culture
- Promoting a culture of safety
- Active supervision
- Building relationships
- Classroom transitions, schedules, and routines
- Providing feedback
- Engaging interactions
- Behavior guidance
- Supporting lead teachers and the classroom
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand what makes Head Start unique
- Understand how to contribute to a positive team culture
- Support a safe environment
- Effectively engage with students and families
- Utilize skills to improve effectiveness in the classroom
Register below for invoicing or email Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org for group registering.
Bookings are closed for this event.